Join our international network of business, employment, education, vocational, and rehabilitation leaders today and support us in ensuring that all young adults with disabilities have the opportunity to lead fulfilling careers on the front lines of our workforce.
- Host Business provides an on-site classroom, business liaison, and a variety of internships that teach core competitive skills.
- Local School District or Educational Organization provides an instructor, employability skills curriculum and student interns.
- Vocational Rehabilitation provides individual career guidance, job coaching, and other supports to help each student gain competitive employment.
- Community Rehabilitation Program provides job coaching and job development for student interns at the host business site and in their initial job.
- State/Local Developmental Disability Agency provides long-term retention and support for eligible interns once they secure employment.
Benefits to Partner Organizations
- Access to a new, diverse, talent stream with skills that match labor needs
- Interns/ employees with disabilities who serve as role models for patients/customers, families, and associates
- Access to a demographic of the economy with intense buying power: people with disabilities represent one of the fastest growing market segments in the US
- Increased regional and national recognition through marketing of this unique program
- Dramatically improved performance and retention in some typically high-turnover, entry-level positions
- Long-term changes in business culture that have far-reaching positive effects on attitudes about hiring people with disabilities and the range of jobs in which they can be successful
Schools, Vocational Rehabilitation, and Community Service Providers
- Partnership with other agencies that ensures a holistic approach to serving transition-aged youth
- More efficient usage of existing funding streams: sharing human and financial capital improves outcomes and saves time and resources for all partner organizations
- Improved outcomes (career exploration, work experience, and learning of employability skills increases the overall skill level of the students and the likelihood of job success and retention)
- For schools, improved performance with regard to IDEA indicators 1 (Graduation), 2 (Dropout Rates), 5 (Least Restrictive Environment), 8 (Parent Involvement), 13 (Quality IEPs and Transition Goals), and 14 (Post School Outcomes)
For more information on becoming a Project SEARCH partner organization, contact us at ProjectSEARCH@cchmc.org.